- Supplied with factory fitted lead flashing ready cut to suit the pitch of the roof and type of roof covering
- 150mm high back upstand exceeds minimum requirements
- Permanent stopend protects the perpendicular joint and cuts out water backtracking along the stonework
- Angled section between cavity tray base and rear upstand automatically sheds water to the outer leaf
- Cavity tray builds into the outer leaf only to speed up installation and allow both inner and outer leafs to be built independently if required
- BBA Approved
- Satisfies all NHBC requirements
- Manufactured to BS EN ISO 9001 and BS EN ISO 14001
- Complies with all relevant Building Regulations
- Meets all relevant British Standards
Flashings are Code Blue milled lead as standard as defined by BS EN ISO 12588: 1999 (formally known as Code 4). All products are vacuum formed in 2.0mm thick rigid polyethylene – virtually indestructible in normal use.
Available in black only.
Forms main tray run with one tray on each course of stonework running the full length of the abutting roof slope.
Stopend starter tray
Suits all roof pitches – first component to be installed and fitted at the lowest point on a standard abutment. It collects water gathered by the rest of the system and discharges it from the wall through a weep hole.
Corner starter tray
Suits all roof pitches – has same function as stopend starter tray but is used where the abutting roof comes up to, or beyond, the corner of the main building. Designed to return around the corner of the building to provide complete protection. Corner starter trays are not supplied with factory fitted lead flashings due to the size and weight of lead flashing that would be required. Flashing in this area should be dealt with separately in the traditional way.
Suits all roof pitches – used where a right-hand and left-hand roof slope come together at an apex to straddle the top two intermediate trays.
Each length of tray is available with a variety of base widths to suit different wall thicknesses and cavity width combinations. Wall thicknesses of either 100mm, 125mm or 150mm can be accommodated as well as cavity widths of 50-74mm, 75-99mm and 100-125mm – make sure you select the correct width for the project in hand.
Weep holes can be formed by simply installing a purpose-made Timloc plastic wall weep unit (product 1143/Invisiweep).
In areas of severe weather exposure or where particularly porous facing stonework is used, it is strongly recommended that extra weep holes are provided at intermediate points along the run of cavity trays. A heavier code of lead may also need to be specified with flashings fixed and sealed where they overlap.
Many components come in left or right handed versions. Handing is dictated by the direction of the abutting roof slope – e.g. left handed trays are used on left handed roof slopes. Establish the correct handings or it will be impossible to fit the cavity trays properly.
With pre-formed cavity trays such as Everdry it is not strictly necessary for the cavity tray to span all the way across the cavity. As long as the cavity tray stands back from the rear face of the stone and projects back into the cavity far enough to intercept drips falling from the wall ties, then it will perform effectively.
To calculate quantities, allow one cavity tray per course on each roof slope. One stopend starter or corner starter is needed per roof slope, and one ridge tray at each apex.
Check roof pitch and type of tile or slate and state clearly on your order.
Make sure correct handing is selected to suit the direction of each roof slope.
Always state cavity width, roof pitch, coursing height and wall thickness to ensure correct goods are despatched.
State whether long or short leads are required. Long leads are used with single lap concrete or clay roof tiles and dress over the top of the roof finish. Short leads are used with slates or double lap tiles, such as Rosemary type, and dress over the upstand of the soakers.
F30 Accessories/sundry items for brick/block/stone walling
Clause 370 PREFORMED CAVITY TRAY / ACCESSORIES
- Manufacturer: Timloc Building Products, Timloc House, Ozone Park, Howden, East Yorkshire, DN14 7SD. T: 01405 765567 W: www.timloc.co.uk
- Type(s) and location(s): Cavity tray to be installed into 150mm stonework over stepped/sloping roof abutments on new build and remedial work applications.
- Build in carefully in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations to ensure a fully watertight installation.
- Cavity width
- External wall thickness
- Roof pitches: 15° – 60° (please stipulate)
- Lead attachment: Code Blue short or long (please stipulate)
- (short lead – flat tiles/slates) (long leads – profiled roof tile)